Grass-fed Beef Liver Patè
By Dr. Marcus Cirelli
This is not your typical liver recipe! Serve this mouthwatering dish paired with bread, carrots or on cucumber slices. Featuring bacon, garlic, rosemary and thyme, this recipe is not only packed with nutrients but it'll delight your palate too.
- 8 pieces uncured bacon
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound grass-fed beef liver
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Slices of fresh carrot or cucumber
- Cook the bacon slices in a cast-iron pot until crispy. Set aside to cool, reserving the grease in the pan to cook the liver.
- Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the liver, sprinkling with the herbs. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side until no longer pink in the center.
- Turn off heat, and place contents into a blender or food processor with coconut oil and sea salt. Process until it forms a thick paste, adding more coconut oil if too thick.
- Cut the cooled bacon strips into little bits and mix with the pâté in a small bowl. Garnish with some fresh herbs and serve on bread, carrots, or cucumber slices.